Counselors who respond to the requests at Gambling: Help and Referral hold Bachelor’s Degrees in either psychology, criminology or social work. In addition, many of them have completed certificates in substance abuse, mental health intervention, youth intervention, victimology, etc. Other than schooling requirements, counselors must possess the following criteria:
- Excellent knowledge of counseling techniques;
- Empathy, maturity, sense of responsibility, as well as, being a good team player;
- A non-judgmental attitude;
- Impeccable verbal skills in French and being comfortable in understanding and speaking English;
- Relevant professional experience is an asset.